Thursday, December 06, 2007

...and it went pop!


Today is the 5 week mark. I had my appointment on Tuesday. Monday night however, I woke up to go to the bathroom at 1am or so and for no particular reason I looked in the mirror and did a couple of iterations of smiling wide and then puckering.

It seemed rather tight just under my nose and I could feel it pulling. Then suddenly, mid smile, something went pop! Right under my nose.

I felt it. I heard it. But it didn't hurt. It actually felt kinda good, like I could move my lip easier.

One thing it did do was scare the crap out of me, and I began to worry that maybe it was a problem with the bone graft site. So I stopped moving my face and decided to just try to relax and take solace in the fact that I was going to see Dr T in the morning anyway. I arrived a few minutes early and thankfully it wasn't busy so they took me in early. I explained what I had experienced and Dr T said he was pretty sure it was just one of the deeper sutures and not to worry. Other than that he was happy with how things are looking. I asked about the elastics and he said they stay on for 8 weeks. So much for Christmas stuffing!

I got a haircut tonight. Not bad eh.

18 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Snap Crackle! That would have scared me to deaf. I cant believe you were so calm. Glad to see you are doing good.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Graham, the haircut is great
Love,Mom

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Graham,
Wow that does sound a bit freaky! I would've been a bit unnerved by that too! Remember I was the one who was freaking out during expansion waiting for the giant pop that never came!

Glad it was nothing serious though! You really are looking so great! The swelling is really coming down a lot too! Aren't you psyched with your results!

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man i wouldn't have been able to fall back asleep!!! Good for you for keeping calm and thank goodness you had an appt that next day. The haircut looks great!
Roxanne

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Hey Graham, how has it been 5 weeks already? Wow. You are looking great. I can't keep track of mine by weeks anymore. I have to think in months. So I'm 4 1/2 months out!

I bet you feel a little bit of relief or at least have a bit less pressure without that deep suture that came out.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger bridget said...

Oh man, I would have peed myself. Glad to hear you're doing well and everything's looking good from your doc's point of view.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Shontelly said...

Your Looking really good Graham and alike Bridget I would have SO peed the pants!! Or passed out.. one or the other. Big baby when it comes to that stuff! Anyhoo.. the haircut is nice.
Take it easy.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Oh my gosh Graham, you look HAPPY, and WONDERFUL! I'm glad your surgery went well and you seem to be well on the road to recovery. Yeah the elastics are a drag. But they'll come off before you know it! :) Cheers!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Kristy Eng said...

wow Graham pics are lookin great...seems u have almost no swelling anymore, ur lookin hott!!!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Thanks y'all, you guys are awesome!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Ok, you made me cringe with that "POP" story. But you do look great!

~ Tara

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I absolutely cringed when I read that. Oh my!!
You look great though!
Relax and enjoy your holiday!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

OK Graham, its the new year, Can we get a new update? How the heck are ya? Any big changes, lets see a pic!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I cringed when I read that too.

And what Michelle said: give us an update!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

If we were out drinking together, I'd you a punch on the shoulder and look up at you and call you a handsome bastard, but since I don't know you that well, and I've only had root beer with my Mexican food this evening, it'll have to suffice that you're a handsome devil.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Steph, at first glance I thought you wrote punch me in the jaw, ha, so yes the shoulder would be preffered. :o)

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Naw, that'd be cruel. But I bet it would hurt. My hand. Your jaw is tough as steel now, no doubt.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

It would be a pal punch, anyway. A real girly punch. More like a "pshaw..." You know the type. You handsome bas... DEVIL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home