Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just in time for halloween!

I am a pumpkin head just in time for Halloween! Thanks to my lovely girlfriend and her zany dollar store adventures!

There are some new shots in my gallery for you. Beware!!!

Getting to the hospital was fine, and I wasn't as starving as I thought I'd be. They pretty much took me right in and it was much the same story as last time. I laid on a gurney with a warm blanket just before Dr T came by to have me sign my consent. He ended up doing Le Fort I advancement, maxillary vertical reduction, widening of the left side of the maxilla just in the back by one of my molars, tiny cheek bone grafts, BSSO setback, and genioplasty.

I definitely feel 3 times as swollen as I did after SARPE and I think I look it too. I have a splint in and I am banded shut. Surprisingly on day 1 my sinuses were clear. Not quite so lucky today but I suppose it could be worse.

Yesterday Kristy and Jonathan were kind enough to come by and see me. Don't you all think Dr T did an amazing job on her! Thanks for the bamboo, guys! You didn't have to do that and it was great to meet you in person despite my darkest hour!

I made sure to take the Sudafed and Otravin this time, I think that helped, but until Dr T cuts these elastics on Tuesday it will be a challenge to get crap out of my nose and throat. Eating with a syringe sucks too, literally, one freaking milliliter at a time!

I don't feel a lot of pain, more pressure from the swelling really. I'll take a bit of codeine tonight though to help me sleep. Hopefully my stomach can deal with that.

The floor I was on was much quieter this time and my roommate barely made a peep. So that was really nice.

Getting home today was really shaky. After all I hadn't eaten anything for 2 and a half days. I feel a bit better with a couple of meal replacements in me now. I'll try another one later tonight.

Overall I feel very tight. I can barely see my teeth and can't really see my new face yet due to the swelling. I did two hot compresses today, so hopefully that will help get things going. My mom said she thinks my chin will turn out a lot shorter though.

Dr T said he was happy with how things went and that it was pretty straightforward. I'm glad that he didn't have to do any further expansion in the center. The SARPE worked pretty much right on target.

All for now. I'm really wiped. Wish me luck for clear sinuses.


At 8:41 PM, Blogger Kristy Clucas said...

Graham the pics look great. Such a difference from your pre-op, hopefylly functional wise it will be a huge difference as well. Glad to see you are home and doing well, cant wait to see your progress over the next few days, hang in there! ad pleasure meeting you!

At 9:14 PM, Blogger bobanna said...

Hey G!
I couldn't imagine how you'd look different but the more I look at your pictures the more I'm able to see how much has changed, even in spite of the swelling! I think you're probably going to be really happy once the shape becomes more evident - You are really holding up well in spite of your discomfort. I'm looking forward to watching your progress on this blog and in person. Hope you wake up boogerless and somewhat rested! xoxo

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Welcome to the other side! You look great, and are now an official member of the "Surgery Survivor's club"

Wow! Dr. T did a lot of stuff! and you really do look amazing! Your swelling is pretty minimal! Sorry you have to be wired shut, at least it is not for too long. Trust me when I say the first week is the worst. It gets so much better after that! It's nice that you have your girlfriend to help out. I remember you had to do your SARPE alone, and I think just having someone who cares around can make things so much more bearable.

I can't wait to see your results when the swelling comes down. I can already see that it is going to be a big,and really positive change! Aren't you just so glad it is over! I know I was so relieved just to be done with the whole surgery thing. The healing was do-able the pre surgical anticipation was not.

I will be following your story so be sure and keep us posted! and congratulations!


At 1:37 AM, Blogger Kelsie said...


So glad to hear that your surgery went so smoothly. It's great to see your photos. Hang in there!

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey Graham, wow, that's a lot of stuff to go through! Sounds like you are doing great, even though you are a bit swollen. Love those pouty lips! Can't wait to see more pics. Every day gets easier.

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey Graham, wow, that's a lot of stuff to go through! Sounds like you are doing great, even though you are a bit swollen. Love those pouty lips! Can't wait to see more pics. Every day gets easier.

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

It's good to hear that everything went well. You did have alot done! I can't wait to read about your daily progress. You look great!

Take Care

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wowzir, look at those lips! Luv em' You look great! I mean, like wow, I know you are swollen but you can just see how well it is going to turn out! I cant wait to hear how happy you are when the swelling goes down. Im so glad everything went well, surgery is pretty scary, the aftermath will get easier as you go, hang in there. Keep the pics coming...Im sure you will.

At 2:10 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Hey, Hot Stuff! You look amazing! So glad to hear you're not in pain, just as I would have expected. It's not so bad, is it? Outside our little community, the idea of the whole sawing-on-your-face surgery is quite kick-ass, but those of us who've done it (except for Cary) know it's not that bad. Generally I prefer to tell everyone it was just exCRUciating, you know, so I seem all kick-ass and whatnot (tuh-huh!) but it's mostly squeezing pressure, suffocating congestion, and starvation. No big. Well, at least pain-wise, thank GOD! But YOU! You look HOT! HOT HOT HOT!!! Bloody nose and all! HOT!

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Shontell said...

Oh how wonderful to see and hear from you! Glad Everything went well!! You got to meet Kristy and she has the same doc as you?? How cool is that?! I'm going to ask my ortho to introduce me to some people! lol

Hey, did you wake up with those tubes down your nose or throat?

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Hi Graham! Looking good! I like the Halloween picture. :) The tightness is annoying but you're probably really eager to see those teeth! I know I was. Don't worry -- you'll get there. I think I practiced smiling although it took me a good week or week and a half. Take care & enjoy those supplements. :)

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Graham! You have major surgey and then put on a puppet show...How do you do it!? :)
Wow is right, fantastic shots to show the differences with all the surgery done. It's going to be so worth it you'll see!
My syringes stayed around for 2 weeks and then I just started to drink thinks through a small plastic cup because even if it all got junked up in the bands, at least it wasn't such a pain in the butt to get my liquid lunch.
It's great you have your girlfriend and friends checking in with you and lucky you to have people in person there who've gone through this. It's going to make this time go by so much easier.
Take care, Amy

At 3:18 AM, Blogger bridget said...

Graham you look great! Congratulations! You're my new hero.

At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you made it through, Graham. Looking good!

- bts

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Congratulations! You had a lot done! You look great.


Post a Comment

<< Home