Thursday, May 04, 2006

Off to the races...



(above: my gap at 1, 7, and 14 days post-expansion. click for large size.)

Week number two is in the bucket and you can definitely see some progress now. There is space on the outer sides of both incisors, and they are tilted toward each other at the bottom creating a v-shaped gap. I can feel the movement all the way from my back molars as if everything is pushing forward. Lately it's been once or twice a day I can feel the pressure from it. It's not painful, save for the odd lightning spike here and there, but it does bring back that prickly numbness while the teeth are actually moving. Everything feels a little bit loose too and it does hurt to put any pressure on them so I've still not been chewing much at all. I think I've lost more weight too, not good.

I got a call from Dr Goldshlager's office to remind me of my cleaning appointment that was booked six months ago. I was thrilled to tell them that I had done my SARPE and was in recovery mode. I'll give them a call to reschedule once Dr W gives me the ok. I have a feeling that won't be until I get my upper braces on in July when everything is pretty much solid again.

Time to start finding more solid things to chew, and push myself to do it (within reason of course).

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

noticeable difference congrats graham

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Hi Mia... Well I go back to my ortho in 3 weeks so I hope most of the gap will be gone by then. I don't get my upper braces on for another 9 weeks from now though, so by then it ought to be gone, and if not the braces will close it fairly quickly I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home