Monday, April 03, 2006

post-op day 11 (happy b-day to me)




So for my 30th birthday I decided what better way to celebrate than to go for expansion #6 and furnish myself with about a 3mm diastima. And heck, once this thing gets a bit bigger I'm considering walking over to the mall to go into The Gap and ask if they need a new poster boy. I think I'd be perfect for it, don't you? Well, whatever. In any case I'm going to postpone the party for a few months and then make up for it twofold later.

Paid a post-op visit to Dr T finally. He said everything looks fine, so good news there. He also offered to do my expansion on Friday since Dr W is away. Also saw Dr W today and he too had a look around my mouth and said it looked fine. I have to say that the docs confirmation on my progress is reassuring and I felt a bit more confident as I was walking home. It's not over yet but I'm progressing all the same.
I'm glad to be finished my antibiotics now too.

Sleeping the last two nights was better. I don't remember moving the wrong way or smacking myself in the face as I've done a few times already. I felt kinda weak today though. I need to find more things to try chewing. Dr T said it was still a bit early though, so perhaps we'll compare how I am by the weekend.

Went back to work today too (from home, that is). Lots to do. I am very grateful for the amount of flexibility my manager is giving me. Would be nice if I didn't have so many projects going on right now though.

Oh, and my neck and shoulder seem to be helped by children's (liquid) Motrin, which has ibuprofen in it. Not a complete solution but it helps some. If it didn't taste so bad I'd probably take more of it. I should see if I can swallow a pill yet.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Thanks Amy! Yes, definitely going to celebrate by eating like mad as soon as I am able! Did two more turns this morning, so I'm at 14 now.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Graham,
Are you expanding yourself now or still going to the doctor to do it?

Love the idea of being a GAP model...just seems so appropriate doesn't it?

Glad you are starting to feel a bit better.

Brandy

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Still letting the OD do it. I think I will let him do all of it. I have shakey hands to begin with due to dystonia, and on top of that I flinch very easily. The bonus is that I'm just a 20 minute walk from his office and he has graciously offered to do it all for me at no extra charge. It's also good since he gets to examine me on a daily basis which just makes me feel better about it knowing I have his expert opinion any time I feel like asking. We've done 16 turns so far and he told me today that he'll reassess after 24 but thinks I may need up to 38! Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home