Monday, April 17, 2006

Are we there yet? Damn close!

There hasn't been a whole lot to report lately. Last week we took a break from expanding on Wednesday given how I described the amount of pain I was in. He wanted to make sure the gums are just gently expanding rather than tearing. Expansion on Thursday was bearable but the discomfort by that evening had me reaching for the codeine. Not so much from gum pain but I think bone/teeth pain, and also some TMJ pressure. We are indeed getting pretty wide up there!

As usual for most weekends I didn't see the OD, so I had Friday/Saturday/Sunday to heal up some more, and I think I needed it. I woke up this morning with less discomfort than I have been experiencing lately, so hopefully that will continue.

I just got back from the OD. He did expansion #29 and #30. He said we are really getting close to where we want to be but now just have to go a bit further to account for some relapse once the expanding stops. If I can bear it we could be done as early as Friday but if not then maybe Monday or Tuesday next week!

I asked about the braces and he said in three months the RPE will get removed and I'd get the top ones on. The bottom can go on any time but he said it that might be a bit much for me right now, so we'll so how much time off I'll have before that happens. I'll have metal on the bottom and ceramic on top.

I'm getting excited, but for now my goal is to get through this week and be done with expansion! :o)

2 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Graham,
I would just get all your braces at one time. Then your mouth only has to adjust one time verses two times.

Your lucky if you only have to go 30 turns. I had to do 33! Glad to see you are doing well! Your almost there! woo hoo!


Brandy

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great progress! Good luck this week...hopefully you'll be healed up enough to get through the next few expansions without alot of pain! Good idea with just one set of braces at a time. it will make it easier to adjust.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home