Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I have a date!

Yessiree, October 29th! Aren't Monday's fun?

So thanks to Arlene's persistence yesterday and today, she finally got a hold of Dr T's office to get me a surgery date. I found out around 2:30pm this afternoon. Kelly was the nurse I spoke with and she was very helpful, especially in getting my hospital pre-op date set. So my schedule is now looking something like this:

Oct 4th - 5:20pm, Dr W for final wire change (moved up from the 22nd)

Oct 23rd
- 8am, hospital pre-op
- 12:30pm, Dr T's pre-op (x-rays, models, consult, etc)

Oct 25th - 9:20am, Dr W for surgical hooks

Oct 29th
- 7am check-in at the hospital
- 9am surgery!

Somewhere in there I also have to go to my family doctor to get paperwork sign-off, get a haircut the week before surgery, stock up on groceries, visit the dentist for a regular cleaning, make sure all my projects are handed off at work...yikes! Six weeks is gonna fly by!

I was excited and nervous this afternoon but I'm ok now. I just hope that all the dates stick and that nothing stupid happens to delay anything. I know, I tend to be a little bit pessimistic, but I do it to stop myself from getting my hopes up too high. But I am looking forward to this, finally!

Funny I don't feel like I have many questions to ask other than the obvious ones like asking Dr T exactly what he's going to do. I know upper is for sure. Lower and genio are a maybe. Will he do upper in one piece, two, or three? Will I have a splint? As usual I'll just have to wait until he sees my records.

I'm a little weary of having the final wires on just two weeks from now given that I just got a new one on the bottom yesterday. I'm pretty sore today, but it's Advil to the rescue.

It's just amazing that this time is finally here. I remember when I started thinking about all of this and knowing that two years ago Dr T was booking into 2007. At the time that felt like infinity! But here I am, ready to rock!

16 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That is awesome, you should be all set for Halloween, no makeup necessary. Cheers to you!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Shontelly said...

ALRIGHT!!!!!! Happy for ya man!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Kristy Eng said...

im so happy for you graham.....glad were both in october!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger chris k said...

Alright Graham! We're all within a week of each other. November should be an exciting blogging month.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, do you have trouble going to sleep at night at the moment?...

Well, lots of people will be sending you good vibes on that Monday morning.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! The time will fly. Just you wait.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Yay, congratulations!! This is an exciting time and watch -- it will go quite fast. Suddenly you're going to be there and it's time!

I don't think my surgeon knew what he was doing when I went to my pre-op. So, it was a bit scary for me to go in not completely knowing what he was going to do. Although...maybe that was a good thing! I didn't want to know too many of the details beforehand. I'd get too freaked out.

Wow...can you believe it's almost here? I remember starting out in 2005 thinking I'd never have surgery, and that's when I thought it would be happening mid-2006 -- ha!

Well, congratulations. This is a very exciting time. It's definitely a relief to get that part over with.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Wow Graham,
So glad you finally have a date. You are like the final one in our beginners group to have surgery. Like Steph says it will fly by and hopefully like the rest of us you will be very happy with your results.

I'm so excited to follow your progress and can't wait til you are a member of the post surgery group!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey Graham, finally, yeah! Your surgery will be almost a year to the date from mine. I remember being very nervous and then afterwards when it was all over, realizing there wasn't anything to be nervous about. Its a piece of cake, really. And most likely you will have very little if any pain. The recovery process can seem slow but before you know it, you will be months past the surgery and hitting all of the benchmarks of recovery. You will lose weight, only eventually to gain it all back. You will be sick of your braces, and then you will miss them. You will dream of food. Etc. etc. It really is one big adventure, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy it as best you can! Mary

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Alright Graham! Oct. 29th is coming up fast. I'm so happy for you! At last!

One of my friends gave me the best advice ever before my surgery. She said - "Think positive thoughts, and relax as much as you can. Get into the best state of mind!" It really worked.

All this waiting and anticipation - now you finally have a surgery date. Can't wait to read more updates from you!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Graham,
I hadn't had a chance to catch up with the blog world and then read you have a "surgery" date! Yay!
It's almost here and soon you'll be sporting a new smile.
Woo hoo!

Amy

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's great news!!

16 more days to go.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Kristy Eng said...

I realised looking back at this that i am JUST gona miss you at Dr. T;s that day. I go in at 10:05 to have my splint removed and ur in at 12:30....maybe someday our paths will cross!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Graham, the day is quickly approaching! Give us an update on how you're doing (yes, pre-surgery!). Are you nervous, excited? In shock that it's REALLY happening?

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Steph & Steve G said...

i can't wait for the recap!!! best of luck!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Thanks for your support everyone, I really appreciate that you all care enough to follow through with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home