Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Adjustment #7: Reconnected!

I walked in to Dr W's office. Arlene and Maria were at the front desk.

"Ooh, let us see!"

So I showed off my spiffy new laterals. They were impressed and Arlene and I started chatting about how much I've changed since I first came, and change I have indeed. I commented on how it felt to have that difference in self-perception, almost surreal. Arlene related it to how she has lost 50lbs over the last while. Both her and Cheri have been working hard and it really shows, I've really noticed their transformation over the last while too. Congrats ladies! Oh, and Cheri is back in the office too, glad she's feeling better now.

I waited a few minutes and then got called back to sit in Jasmine's chair. She was impressed with the change too, as it was her just a week ago that removed the brackets from my formerly peg laterals.

Dr W hollered over, "All the girls say you look good Graham!"

"They always say that, what are you talking about!" said I. Hehe.

Today she put the brackets back in place and then I moved over to Dr W's chair. He mentioned that my right lateral is going to be rotated slightly and moved outward so that the surrounding teeth can be adjusted accordingly. I asked if he was going to start pushing my centrals back to where they were but he said he wasn't planning on moving them much just yet. He did say that he's considering moving them up (impacting them) slightly since they are a bit too long but that he would to have to wait and see how things look next time. Looking at my new arch photo though I think the left one has already become a little bit more retroclined, so that's good, I hope that continues because my occlusion is so terribly awkward right now.

As for the lowers, he had a look and asked if he had adjusted my one crooked incisor, and while he did have some tie wire on it I reminded him that I hadn't had a wire change for two appointments. "Ok, I'm doing it now then". Phew. So now I have a new lower wire with some bends on both sides and on the crooked incisor. It hurt putting it in but I was glad to get the show back on the road.

And now the bad news is that he wants to replace my lower 5-5 brackets at my next appointment, agh! Not my favourite activity, but it will allow him to put on a new wire without bends in it. Just goes to show how crowded my lowers really were to begin with since this will make it twice that we've repositioned the brackets!

I guess I should try to put surgery out of my mind, I have a feeling it will be a while yet.

I was pretty woozy on the way home. I'm loaded on Advil and extra strength Tylenol right now. I'm thinking that working from home tomorrow might be a good idea. I bet this is gonna hurt for a few days.

My next appointment is in 8 weeks. August 13th is Dr W's birthday. I joked with Arlene that I would wear a fake pair of ugly monster teeth and see what kind of reaction I get.

smile adj 7 wk 0

5 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

WOW- Looking good! I'm really happy that things are just moving right along for you. Before you know it, this will all be a blur in the past. I'm still pretty amazed at how detailed and knowledgeable you are with all this dentistry. Maybe you should get into the field yourself. I walk out of my appointments not knowing 1/3rd of what really went on, maybe I should start asking more questions, take notes or something. Dental jargon just doesnt stick in my head. Oh well. Great pics, nice progress!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Kristy Eng said...

And i thought the other pics were good, these ones are great...seeing your full set of pearly whites with brackets on thm. Im sure you are glad to get rid of that funky bypass you have. Keep your hopes up about surgery, honestly you dont want to rush in or anything...heck u could end up like me and have to do round 2....so patience!!! all in time right!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Team Wolder said...

One word - Wow!!
Your progress continually amazes me.

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a huge change. Isn't it weird how much difference a few mm of tooth can make?

-bts

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating. In a really good way, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home