Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I called my OS again and...

..I'm not much better off than I was before calling but at least it's something. The gist of it is this:

- My original ballpark date was October 2007, and they indeed have me on the list for that time.

- My name in October has already been highlighted to indicate that I can be moved to sometime in the summer.

- The nurse I spoke with also added in an additional note to further indicate that I can be moved to the summer. She said they would try their best but can't make any promises.

- I told her that I would be ready as early as June based on Dr W's comments, but she kind of laughed saying that May is crazy for them and therefore it won't be June. Generally the summer is the busiest time for them.

- She said it would be good to call back in a month so that my name is kept fresh in their minds.

So the reality is that summer + popular surgeon = wait an eternity!

Last year I got lucky with my SARPE schedule because it was in March and also because it's only a short procedure so they were able to fit me in quickly.

Hoping for better news in a few weeks...

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey Graham, sounds a bit disheartening. I remember I had to wait forever to get my surgery scheduled as my surgeon would not schedule it until the insurance company approved (that took about a year). And then it was postponed for 2 months. But sooner or later, you will get your date and then it will be here before you know it! Hang in! Mary

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Graham, what a bummer! But sooner or later, it'll happen. Just hang in there! I hope you get a ressonable date!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Hey, dude. I'm adding my condolences. Swear to you, though, when October gets here, you'll be all, "Dang. That went fast." Keep yourself busy with your hobbies. Maybe plan a great trip in the summer--even a long weekend that's just a car trip away. Here's what you need to do: go to www.tripadvisor.com and start looking around. See. That way, when you plan your trip? Your surgeon will call with an earlier surgical date--RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR VACATION! See how that works? And if it doesn't go that way, you'll have a fabulous trip, anyway. How about Quebec? Montreal? I love New YORK! Manhattan is exciting! Or, New England for some lobster? I'm so jealous! You're going on a TRIP!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Shontelly said...

Well well Mr. Graham.. me and you may be having our surgeries at the same time! Hopefully not because I know you want yours asap and hopefully in the summer. Mine isn't written in ink but it's going to for sure be in the fall.
We'll see! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home