Monday, August 28, 2006

My Sister's LeFort!!

Finally I get to see my sister Karen's results! She lives out of town from me so this is my first chance to see her new smile! Here she is before braces on the left, and before surgery on the right:

Karen-Before

And here she is about 5 weeks post-op from LeFort I advancement. Her OS also widened her maxilla:

Karen-After

I think she looks great! Cute even! I think the photo on the left really shows the nice new position of her maxilla (reduced creases in her cheeks and the area above her top lip is nice and rounded), and her profile on the right is nice and balanced. Her profile looked really different to me at first but I'm already getting used to it! I'm a bit surprised that her OS chose not to do a BSSO but I think compared to me maybe her chin is prominent while my entire mandible is too long. My OD thinks maybe I could get away with only a LeFort as well though, so we'll see what happens. In the meantime I am very happy for Karen, she looks great and I can tell you that she is glad to finally have this over with. It will be interesting to see further changes as she continues to heal, and I get to live vicariously until it's my turn. If Karen is any example I definitely have something to look forward to! Yay Karen!!!

6 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Graham,
I agree! She looks just adorable! and Fabulous for only 5 weeks post op! Huge difference! Definitely makes it all seem worth it doesn't it?

I was looking at your pics and it is so cool to watch your palate coming along so nicely. Such a drastic change since the beginning huh? I don't know about you but sometimes I have a hard time believing we have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. It has really gone by so quickly hasn't it?

Good luck on your continued progress, looks like you and I will be surgery buddies (time frame wise.) Sorta comforting to know that someone else will be having the same thing done about the same time.

Soon, you will be beating the girls off with a stick! :)

Brandy

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Team Wolder said...

Oh my gosh...she looks great! She must be so happy with her new and improved bite and profile. Has she let you in on any post-op tips? September 21st is getting closer and closer for me and I am getting increasingly anxious.

Kelsie

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Brandy - Yes, fending off girls with a stick would be a very welcome side effect. They should put that in the brochure! :o) But yes, it has gone by fast and it is becoming increasingly hard to remember what my recovery was like. I can imagine the day when I'm all done and I'll be asking myself, "did I just do that? Since when did I get straight teeth?". Time flies! But right now I could do with a powerchain! Yep, here's to next summer for us!

Kelsie - I hope you're not confusing anxiety for excitement! You are going to do amazing. Plus now that you are well educated on the subject you can take some solace in knowing that the only surprise you'll have is how wonderful your result will be! And to answer your question, my sister didn't give me any recovery tips, it was me giving them to her and I haven't even had my lefort yet! Heh. But I guess SARPE is the next closest thing.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow she looks great!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Sis looks beautiful! It's nice having someone so close who knows what you're going through, too!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Shontelly said...

Good for Karen! Great that she got it done early. She is very cute!! I LOVE seeing results like that! Just touches my heart.. LOL Sometimes I get too emotional..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home