Thursday, February 01, 2007

I got my mouth washed out with soap!

(Ok, so it wasn't soap, it was more like minty sand paste.)

First off, go look at Amy's site. She just had her upper and genio yesterday and the difference is dramatic!

I went for a hygiene appointment last night. Sheryl was really amazed at the progress I've made, especially the width and shape of my palate. She said she was glad I got referred to Dr W since she knows how good he is. Dr G popped in as usual to have a look and said everything is looking great. I do have one little spot, possibly some decalcification on my peg lateral but he said it wasn't anything to worry about for now since I have good hygiene and the spot isn't sticky. I can't remember but I think that tiny spot may have even been there since before I got braces.

They also asked me about my blog and I told them it was going great and how I've met all of you guys. Sheryl told me she has a friend who is studying to be an orthodontist so she showed it to him. He really liked it because of how much detail I go into. So that's good. I'm glad my decision to write about all of this is helping both me and others. Glad to be part of the larger ortho-surgical community! Some of the web referrals I get on my blog are interesting too. Actually if you use "SARPE braces" in Google you'll see me, Amy, Mia, and Brandy all on the first page of results! Add to that the videos that Jen and I put on YouTube. I guess we're getting high in the Google index. Makes me wonder if I should use AdSense and make some cash. Maybe once I'm done. Ads are annoying.

I'm not seeing a dramatic amount of progress in the last month, but my top wires are starting to poke me at the back again, so I'm back to using a bit of wax. That's usually a good sign that things are moving, but I wonder how much of that was caused by my cleaning last night. I can feel some tingling in my cheeks though, which I usually do when things are moving. I really thought this power chain would be working much faster.

5 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Blogging HAS been fun, hasn't it? It's been nice meeting others going through the same thing, who had the same idea about blogging. It's nice hoping we're helping others, and knowing we're being helped and encouraged, too.
Nice ta know ya!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Graham, I meant to leave my comment here, but left it one entry below. mary

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Oddly enough, I've never had much of a problem with wire poking this time around... and I used to think that was because my teeth weren't moving (those stubborn bottoms wouldn't move for months despite powerchains) but now they have moved and are all together, and I'm still not being poked! I kind of kept waiting for the poking as a sign of progress. Apparently it's not a necessary evil afterall.

And I know I've already said this...but I really feel for those of you going through SARPE. I'm not sure I could have done that. Palate expanders are on the top of my list of things I hate and you know how sometimes you hold on to the things that you're been made bitter about as a child? Well that's me and expanders. As much as I wanted to fix my bite, I tried to make it clear to them that they'd have to do it without the use of that. And somehow (I don't know how), I got to escape that. But those of you that did have to go through it are brave! It was bad enough going through it as a kid but I kind of imagine it's worse as an adult. And I think there's just less tolerance when you're an adult. I surely would have ripped the thing out of my mouth! ;) So congratulations to all of you! If you don't already have a club for SARPE SURVIVORS, you should. :)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Thanks Erin! Me, Brandy, Amy, and Jen are all now officially on the SARPE survivor's list. In hindsight it wasn't so bad but I'm sure glad that it's a once-only procedure! :)

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Shontelly said...

Yeah Jen's sarpe surgery popped up right away when I googled it. You guys are all so nice! I find myself glued to the puter for hours catching up on how everyone's doing. This is nice indeed. ;0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home