Monday, August 07, 2006

Small changes after two weeks

It has now been two weeks with upper braces on. For all the pain and amount that I can actually feel things moving, the changes are still pretty subtle. I've felt a few really big pushes, which were quite startling for about 5 seconds, but when I look in the mirror afterwards I don't notice much, urgh! It even felt as if maybe the wire was going to snap or something, but again, just for a few seconds.



The wire is straighter now which has made everything more parallel but the teeth don't seem to have moved along the wire much yet.



I marked a few spots where you can see changes in angle and spaces between.

How often do you think I should post comparisons? I'm thinking maybe every 3-4 weeks? It's a long time between posts but it looks more dramatic that way. I take new photos once a week so maybe I'll just have to wing it and see if the changes are worth talking about. I haven't posted about my lowers this time because the changes are ultra subtle.

Oh and the other news is that my bite actually touches on the right side now for the first time in decades! It's miles from being straight mind you but it is a new experience to hear my teeth click on that side. I've always been a slow eater. Makes me wonder if I'll one day be able to wolf my food down like some of my friends can do since I'll be able to do it so much more efficiently. And speaking of eating, I had hoped I'd be able to bite into more things now but all the movement I can feel going on is making that goal unlikely. Things are on the move though so that's a fair trade I guess.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Team Wolder said...

Graham,

I see significant changes in your teeth after only two weeks! They are well on their way. The changes may not be as impressive as the changes you observed with you SARPE and RPE, but they are definitely evident.

I think that photos taken once a month or so will show major changes. I haven't posted any recent photos on my blog because my ortho is only making small refinements as I wait for surgery.

I look at your blog and the improvement is amazing. I'm a bit envious, I can't wait to post photos of myself post op.

Don't be discouraged :)

Kelsie

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Thanks Kelsie. More than anything I guess I'd like the remaining space between and beside my front teeth to disappear. I know good things come to those who will wait. :)

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that the movement between those two photos looks pretty drastic to me, I've had braces for 10 years, and i've never noticed such a fast change in my teeth over a two week period. It's always great when you yourself notice a change though huh? It's exciting when you realize how much better your bite will be in a few months.

-Tara

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Hi Tara, thanks for reading. Always fun to meet more ortho friends! ...About the photo I posted, one thing to remember though is that my teeth are still somewhat less anchored in the bone because of my SARPE surgery. I reckon that would explain the rapid movement after only two weeks. I'm looking forward to getting my wires changed since the ones I have now are really light and I have a feeling they won't be useful for too much longer. ....Ten years in braces, you poor soul! You have my sympathy in the highest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home