Monday, July 24, 2006

T-Minus 12 hours!!

It is roughly 12 hours from now that I will finally be rid of my appliance!! I am then going to promptly throw it on the subway tracks! :o)

I haven't posted much for a long time because everything has slowed down considerably. Right now the problem is just that my bottom and top front teeth are touching in a traumatic fashion, so I can't actually close my mouth all the way. This has made chewing even more awkward. I tried a few potato chips last night and found them to be still too hard, so I had to just let them melt a little before trying to chew further.

Over the last 7 weeks the changes have been very subtle:




My teeth on the left side of the photo have turned upwards a little. The incisor on the far right has moved forward out from behind its neighbour, and the canine on the right side has moved upwards.




My arch appears to have relapsed somewhat. Not sure if it's just the camera angle or what. The shape of the curve seems less uniform. I am going to have a spring-loaded retainer soon, so that should put things back into place along with the braces.

** I also have to give a shout out to my sister Karen who just had upper advancement surgery last week on Thursday. I am very excited for her. She lives out of town from me but I hear she is doing well. I can't wait to see the results, especially since we do look quite alike! **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home