Wednesday, February 08, 2006

How Much is this Going to Cost?

Dr Waese - $7000CA. Includes everything. Braces, retainers, the RPE appliance, and office visits. Down payment is $2400 followed by payments of $200 each.

Dr Tocchio - $500 for the first surgery, $2500 for the second. This includes office visits only. The actual surgery is paid for by OHIP here in Ontario (I'm very lucky it hasn't been delisted...yet...since it costs around $20,000). And the hospital stay is covered by my benefits from work.

I'll also have to pay for several visits to the Cranial Institute, which are $115 each. I'll talk about this in another post.

And when all is said and done, I'll probably elect to have some bonding or something cosmetic done on my one upper tooth, which is genetically deformed. They call it a 'peg' lateral due to it's peg shape rather than the usual tooth shape like the one on the other side.

So spread out over two years, and with the help of a new line of credit, this should be manageable. Even though conditions at work have deteriorated considerably I decided that I need to do this for myself no matter what.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow G, lots being done! I know that pressure pain that comes with the first few days of braces. Actually felt sometimes like my teeth were all loose! I used to get loads of headaches too and lost about 10lbs for the first 3months since all i could eat was mush.

Good luck with the next steps, esp the surgery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home